By Lane H. Kendig
Read or Download A Guide to Planning for Community Character PDF
Best urban planning & development books
How do you in attaining potent low-carbon layout past the construction point? How do you create a group that's either livable and sustainable? extra importantly, how are you aware when you have succeeded? Harrison Fraker is going past summary ideas to supply a transparent, in-depth overview of 4 first new release low-carbon neighborhoods in Europe, and indicates how these classes should be utilized to the U.
Ten Years: EXPO 2010 & Me through Zhou Hanmin is a suite of speeches, interviews, papers and studies, that displays Prof. Zhou's very important contribution to Expo 2010 Shanghai. during this e-book, Prof. Zhou stocks his reviews, classes, and suggestions during the last decade at the following questions:1) Why host the Expo and the way to bid?
Seeing city politics from the viewpoint of these who dwell in slums bargains an enormous size to the research of urbanism within the worldwide South. many of us residing in sub-standard stipulations would not have their rights as city electorate known and appreciate that they can't depend on formal democratic channels or governance buildings.
Portland, Oregon, is likely one of the most lovely, livable towns within the usa. It has walkable neighborhoods, motorbike lanes, low-density housing, public transportation, and important eco-friendly house -- let alone craft-beer bars and locavore meals vehicles. yet liberal Portland is usually the whitest urban within the nation.
- Farming on the Fringe: Peri-Urban Agriculture, Cultural Diversity and Sustainability in Sydney
- Smart Growth and Sustainable Development: Selected Papers from the 9th International Association for China Planning Conference, Chongqing, China, June 19 - 21, 2015 (GeoJournal Library)
- Green Infrastructure for Sustainable Urban Development in Africa
- Transport Disadvantage and Social Exclusion: Exclusionary Mechanisms in Transport in Urban Scotland (Transport and Society)
- Asset Building & Community Development
Extra resources for A Guide to Planning for Community Character
A Guide to Planning for Community Character by Lane H. Kendig